Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rainbow Chicken Fried Quinoa

First, I'd like to apologize to my avid readers that have not seen a post in 3 months. My busy life got the best of me, but I am back!

I was inspired by a recipe a friend of mine was telling me about, for chicken fried rice. Now, I am too impatient for rice so I decided I would have a go at using quinoa. This dish is packed with protein, and so very delicious, your whole family will surely enjoy it.

Ingredients

3 cups of cooked quinoa (1 cup dry)
1 large bell pepper, chopped (I used half of an orange one and half of a yellow one)
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 medium sized onion, diced
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
2 eggs
1 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
2 tsp grated ginger
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp coriander
Sprinkle of organic seasoning salt
Fresh cracked pepper
Green onion to garnish

Directions

After cooking the quinoa, refrigerate until cool (or use leftover cooked quinoa). Heat the oil in a pan, and add in the onions to sauté. After two minutes, add the garlic and cook until tender and fragrant. Next add the chopped chicken breast. Pop the lid on the pan and cook for a few minutes. Add water to the pan if the chicken begins to stick. Let the chicken brown then add the rest of the veggies, ginger, and the spices. Sauté until nearly cooked. Add in the quinoa and fry for a bit, before adding the eggs. After stirring in the eggs, replace the lid again to let the eggs cook, and flavours mingle. That is it. Plate, and garnish with green onions. 6 mouths fed in less than half an hour :) Bon appetit!

Thanks for reading. Happy eating!










2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was so good! I'm going to make some more tonight, for lunches this week!

      Delete